It's always a great day when there are more Haish mansion interior photos to enjoy.
These black and white images (courtesy of the DeKalb County History Center archives) appear to be from 1955, shortly after the First Lutheran Church took ownership of the mansion. That year, a public open house was held to view the mansion and changes made, according to an August 12, 1955 Daily Chronicle article. Read the article by clicking here
|A close-up of the chandelier. | Courtesy of DeKalb County History Center archives
|Courtesy of DeKalb County History Center archives
|A grand staircase | Courtesy of DeKalb County History Center archives
|This color photo, courtesy of Roger Alexander, was taken by Alexander shortly before the home's demolition. Putting it side by side with the black and white image of 1955 gives us a special view of this grand staircase.